Writing in is a method of recording information and ideas. Have you ever wondered how some people are able to come up with lots of ideas and get more done while you do not? Well how about you try putting down your thoughts in writing and then create the habit of writing.
Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you would have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire. – Napoleon hill
Here are five things that will happen when you put it in writing.
- Writing will help you organise your thoughts and bring clarity to your ideas.
- By putting it in writing, you record and increase your chances of remembering your ideas.
- Writing will help you commit to taking action on your goals, vision and dreams.
- You can breakdown and simplify your complicated ideas during the process of writing.
- Writing will help you develop an idea bank or vault.
By writing down your thoughts and ideas, you free up your mind to do other things such as thinking up new thoughts and ideas or coming up with plans to implement the ones you have written down.
So how can you get the most from putting things down in writing?
- Keep a paper or electronic ideas notebook with you all the time. It makes no difference how good your memory is. You will forget it if you do not write it down.
- Develop a consistent filing system. This will greatly reduce the time which you spend looking for things. I have a lot of paper notebooks and I have no idea of what I have written in most of then. My life has now been made easier with my use of Evernote, an electronic notebook available on all platforms.
- Review your ideas regularly. It makes no sense to write something down if you are not going to read it. You will need to get into the habit of setting time aside in your busy schedule to review your ideas, modify them and possibly begin to act on some.
- Now share your thoughts and ideas first with yourself through regular review of your writings and then with trusted alias.
If you have an ambition to write and publish a book in the not to distant future, then putting it down in writing is a must for you. This becomes an avenue for you to express your creative flair. If you persist at it and become good at it, you could earn some money with your newly discovered writing skill by writing a best seller. And just think of the many more possibilities which could include turning your book into a movie or a television series.
Do you put your thoughts and ideas in writing?